Culver’s and Boys and Girls Club Service Year Opening
Description: The Next Generation of Service is excited to be partnering with Culver’s of Sturgeon Bay, WI and the Boys and Girls Club of Door County to pilot a joint service year. The year long position (9-12 mo) involves working 20 hrs/week at Culver’s and 20 hrs/week serving at the Boys and Girls Club. The service year participant will be paid for the 40 hours through Culver’s. The aim of this program is to give a young adult a wide range of work experience and community engagement early in their career. We are looking for applicants with a positive attitude, willingness to work in food services and interest in serving their community.
Location: Door County, Wisconsin
Due Date: Rolling
If you are interested in this position please read the job descriptions below and complete the application here. In mid February you will be given instructions for next steps. Note: all applicants will be required to complete a background check upon acceptance.
Implements activities provided within the scope of a specific program area as determined by the Program Coordinator. Areas will include: academic enrichment, healthy lifestyles and/ or character and citizenship clubs.
- Prepare youth for success by creating an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members
- Program development and implementation:
- Instruct pre-planned activities as outlined by a program coordinator
- Effectively support programs, services and activities for members
- Monitor programs, services, and activities to ensure safety, quality and appearance of club at all times
- Ensure all members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/ activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skill in program areas
- Participate in staff meetings
- Staff may be asked to participate in or work at functions related to the Boys and Girls Club outside of their normal work day.
- Staff may be asked to participating in marketing club events and activities
Relationships and Collaborations:
- All staff of the Boys and Girls Club are to maintain professional relationships with club members and their parents as well as being mindful that all community members are potential members or donors to the organization.
- Staff will be collaborative and supportive of all organizations the Boys and Girls Club works in partnership with at all times.
- Staff will build relationships with classroom teachers at local schools and serve as a promoter of all Boys and Girls Club programming.
- Staff will maintain a respectful and professional relationship with their immediate supervisor and the CPO as well as the Board of Directors for the organization.
Minimum Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience working with youth and several developmental levels
- Knowledge of youth development
- Proven ability to manage behavioral issues
- Proven ability to motivate youth
- Proven ability to build meaningful and appropriate relationships with youth
- Ability to organize and supervise club members
- Ability to communicate with parents, teachers and other staff
- Portray a positive image while in the club and community
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- A spirit of collaboration and willingness to embrace partnerships
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment
Must be able to function under fast paced and noisy conditions; May require being active for long periods of time; hear and understand speech at normal levels; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to push, pull, lift and or carry up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, walk up to two miles without stopping and play vigorously with children for several hours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions; duties are normally performed at the Boys & Girls Club of Door County. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in the field.
Provides personalized, exceptional guest service ensuring that every guest who chooses Culver’s® leaves happy.
- Consistently provides excellent guest service and hospitality.
- Demonstrates proper personal hygiene and food safety practices consistently.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed uniformed appearance.
- Follows restaurant policy on attendance, respectful conduct of team members and all other policies consistently.
- Assists guests with product knowledge and promotional information upon request accurately.
- Follows company safety standards at all times and looks out for the safety of other team members and guests.
- Demonstrates proper food safety practices by accurately completing the Quality Control/Safe Food Checklist.
- Handles guest comments promptly and courteously.
- Performs primary position responsibilities timely and accurately.
- Performs secondary position responsibilities timely and accurately, after the primary duties are accomplished.
- Performs back-up support accurately and timely after secondary responsibilities are accomplished.
- Assists with odd job responsibilities timely, upon manager on duty (M.O.D.) request.
- Answers the telephone courteously and professionally, within three rings.
- Prepares quality products while maintaining: portion control and presentation within service goal times.
- Attends all team member meetings.
- Flexible schedule
- Reading and writing skills required
- Communicates with guests, team and management
- Maintains a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates trained food safety knowledge
- Stand Constantly
- Walk Constantly
- Sit Occasionally
- Handling Constantly
- Lift / carry 10 lbs or less Constantly
- Lift / carry 11-20 lbs Constantly
- Lift / carry 21-50 lbs Frequently
- Lift / carry 51-100 lbs Occasionally
Team Member Performance Success Factors
- COMMUNICATION: Verbal and written communication is timely, clear, concise; delivers ideas for solutions with problems; communicates well with team members and guests.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Supportive of change; reacts quickly and appropriately; accepts direction and constructive feedback.
- DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Uses judgment, common sense and sensitivity in addressing issues and seeking solutions to problems and challenges; gathers appropriate information.
- INNOVATION &CREATIVITY: Seeks new ways to improve efficiency, effectiveness, quality; offers suggestions and solutions to obstacles and challenges.
- PLANNING: Organized and able to establish priorities; delivers the desired results; manages multiple deadlines and priorities with a professional attitude. Recognizes priorities and responds with a sense of urgency. Follows procedures and policies in planning and executing job responsibilities.
- COOPERATION: Supports fellow team members and is cooperative in providing excellent guest service.
- QUALITY OF WORK: Delivers quality work on time at the desired standards. Performs work duties in support of safety and security policies.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Delivers results on time and at the quality level promised. Is punctual and ready to begin work assignments. Delivers quality work product using resources and time allocated.