We Want to Visit Your Career Center!
Could your university career center do a better job presenting service corps programs to students?
The Next Generation of Service harnesses what we learn on a daily basis from the students in our mentorship program, to offer a holistic professional development training to university career centers. The training includes:
- An introduction to the vast array of service year programs, and the university’s role in the service year movement
- Examples of how service year programs are a launch pad for specific career trajectories/specialties including business, technology, policy, law, medicine, etc (customized for each university)
- How Service Year programs correspond with the Holland Hexagon RIASEC codes.
- Explanation of the application process, timeline, and tips
- An overview of existing resources including databases of opportunities and stories from alumni of service programs
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Ross WadeDirector of Career Development / Elon University
Our office found great value in Anna’s visit. Through her interactive presentation and wealth of knowledge, our team learned about the diverse types of service year programs, concrete resources for finding opportunities, and how to better understand the goals of individual students and connect them to the best program options.